5 Fantastico Tips To Save While You Shop Online00:26
- Happiness delivered at my doorstep
- Shop when my heart desires, even on midnight
- Variety of brands and products is huge
- Simple and fuss free returns policy
- Saving on travelling charges
So, as you can see the online shopping trend has taken me by a storm and I am not going to shift to offline brick and mortar stores anytime soon. I still shop for some stuff like makeup which requires testing in stores but for repurchase them is online only. If you haven't been bitten by the online shopping bug yet then I suggest you try it soon because the amount of money you can save while you shop online is simply great! Here, I present to you personally tried and tested fantastic ways to save while you shop online.
- Hunt down coupons codes: A lot of coupon code sites have sprung up catering to Indian online customers and you can use these sites to get additional discounts at checkout. Almost all brands like OLA, Dominos pizza, Makemytrip etc, release discount coupon codes at the start of every month or on special occasions and these codes are easily available at one place on coupon sites, all you have to do is a little bit of Googling and voila, extra savings! Recommended coupon sites: Couponraja, Zoutons, Desidime.
- Use Cashback sites: I always use cashback sites to make my online purchases and save a little bit more. Cashback sites like cashkaro.com require you to visit the online shopping website via their special link to claim cashback which is paid by way of bank transfer or vouchers. Most cashback sites offer around 8-10% cashback on fashion purchases which is amazing, especially if you are buying already discounted stuff. Recommended cashback sites: Cashkaro, topcashback, lafalafa and zingoy.
- Shop during sales: This is a no brainer! To save maximum shop in sales and online you have sales almost all year round. So it is important to play smart and wait for the right kind of sale. A sale maybe publicized hugely but discount may not be that good so just add products you want to the wishlist and do the waiting for best deal to arrive. I have tried this a lot of times and every time there is a price drop on items on my wishlist i get a notification. Recommended sale periods: GOSF sale, Diwali sale and Bigbilliondays from Flipkart.
- Look for Bank cashback offers: Most big online retailers these days launch sales and partner with banks to give extra cashback when you choose to pay online with specific bank cards. This republic day sale has flipkart partnering with HDFC bank while Amazon gave a whopping 15% cashback to Citi bank customers. The idea is to look for retailers offering cashback on the debit and credit cards you own and use them for purchase. Also, you can take help from family or friends and use their bank cards and pay them cash. Eg: if you want to buy a washing machine which is on a high disount on Amazon and don't have a Citi card to get extra cashback, use your friend's Citi card and order away!
- Research and compare : The best part about shopping online is doing product price research and comparison is as easy as Googling. There are many websites and even browser extensions which help you compare prices across various online eCommerce sites, easily helping you get the best price deals . Recommended comparison sites: Junglee, Buy hatke.